Summer Encounters Intern
CCES Summer Encounters is a day camp program in Greenville, SC. We host a comprehensive, diverse, and exciting collection of summer camp programs that provide meaningful opportunities for campers in (rising) grades K4 to 12. There are a total of 250 unique summer camps from May 29th to August 2nd
held on the beautiful campus of Christ Church Episcopal School.Overview
We are looking for college interns to:
● provide support to the Summer Encounters staff as well as leadership and oversight to high school counselors and campers.
● support the Summer Encounters staff with daily operations,
● assist Camp Teachers during sessions,
● overseeing the growth and mentorship of high school counselors,
● and create a positive, fun environment for campers to explore and grow.
An emphasis is put on developing the knowledge and skills needed to run the largest summer camp in South Carolina. Qualified candidates should be working toward a college degree and have experience working with children. This person should also possess good problem solving skills, have an upbeat personality, and work well with a team. Interns can expect to work 30-35 hours each week
varying between 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday. Compensation is paid hourly.Responsibilities
● Support Summer Encounters staff and take ownership of various weekly and daily operations/duties, developing camp management skill
● Supervise and mentor high school counselors
● Implement all Summer Encounters Guidelines for working with campers.
● Maintain professional relations with staff, teachers, campers and parents
● Participate in all training sessions, meetings, and Counselor Connect meetings. Contact Us to Apply - email@example.com